Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My newfound interest in science fiction

Its amazing what some aimless wandering on wikipedia can come up with. Reading some interesting articles I come across Isaac Asimov. The man seemed to be some kind of genius of fiction as a whole, and the information available allowed me to research more into him and his writings. That being said I have now decided to try writing Science Fiction myself. Thats how he inspired me.

Thats not to say I am as talented as he is. Heck, the only constant Sci Fi stories I have actually read or watched were all Star Wars. Not that it isn't Sci Fi or such, it simply is to commercial for my tastes. It also doesn't feature any interesting tales for my imagination. Asimov's tales about robots and humans were so awe inspiring that it got me to question such concepts like "what is human" and "are we robots according to the 3 laws of robotics?". I never found such thought provoking material in Star Wars.

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, all 6 episodes. Its just more of a visual splendor than thought provoking one.

That being said, I will aim to write some short stories as well as episodic content in the realm of Science Fiction. Daily unless stated earlier that I wont.

No comments: